Pasta Chicken Salad
Pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and olives turn everyday salad mix into a Mediterranean delight. It’s also a great way to use up leftover chicken. Thanks to Brandlyn Graham of Clifton, Tennessee for the recipe!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3 cups Italian-blend salad greens
- 1/2 cup quartered water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 8 pitted ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the salad greens, artichokes, olives and tomatoes. Cube chicken. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add pasta and chicken to salad greens.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; sprinkle with walnuts and cheese. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 349 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 852mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Summertime Chicken & Pasta Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.