Pasta Beef Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pasta with broccoli, corn and carrots in garlic-seasoned sauce
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, pasta with vegetables, tomato juice, tomatoes and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 253 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 11, 2013
This was really good and I served it with the Savory Cheese Bread on the same page. I found the frozen pasta and veggies at Kroger. It was the Birdseye brand and only came in the 12 oz size so I added some extra frozen corn.
Jan 11, 2011
I have been making this recipe for over 10 years. I can only find the pasta broccoli with garlic sauce at Wal Mart now. I substitute the tomato juice with V8 juice for more flavor. I also use Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes instead of the original.
Nov 21, 2008
I WAS ASKING BECAUSE I CAN'T GET THE FROZEN PKG.'S WHERE I LIVE.THX PETE
Nov 21, 2008
HOW MUCH PASTA?THXPETE