Pasta Arrabbiata (Angry Pasta)
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) tomato puree
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; discard drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic in olive oil for 1 minute. Add the tomato puree, basil, pepper flakes and bacon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve with sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup pasta with 3/4 cup sauce (calculated without cheese): 460 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 925mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Feb 17, 2017
I followed this recipe exactly. Did not overcook the garlic. All ingredients were freshly bought. But the sauce is very bitter. Can I do anything to fix it?....It's now 4 days later and no response. I will now have to throw out the whole batch. What a piece of crap recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.