Pasta and Shrimp Salad
Pineapple is one of our state's best-known products. It's delicious paired with shrimp and pasta in this crowd-pleasing salad, which is great for luncheons.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, curry powder, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in mayonnaise and sour cream.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, pasta, water chestnuts, red pepper and reserved pineapple. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 248 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Jun 10, 2012
Except for the curry powder and the bell pepper I don't care what color. I used cumin and little old bay and for the pepper I use mild red chili pepper and Sweet cubanelle pepper