Pasta and Shrimp Salad
Pineapple is one of our state's best-known products. It's delicious paired with shrimp and pasta in this crowd-pleasing salad, which is great for luncheons.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, curry powder, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in mayonnaise and sour cream.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, pasta, water chestnuts, red pepper and reserved pineapple. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 248 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Polynesian Shrimp Salad in Country April/May 2005
Jun 10, 2012
Except for the curry powder and the bell pepper I don't care what color. I used cumin and little old bay and for the pepper I use mild red chili pepper and Sweet cubanelle pepper