- 1 pound Italian sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 jar (15 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces mostaccioli, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown sausage. Drain. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine sausage, sauce, mostaccioli and Parmesan cheese. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forPasta and Sausage Bake
"Tried. I have had better. Probably will not make again."
"I added a can of sliced black olives to this recipe and it turned out great. Fast, easy and tastes great."
"Have been making this for 30+ years with 1 lb. of ground beef, 24 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce, 1/2 cup of pizza sauce, sliced mushrooms, and two cups of mozzarella cheese, divided, one cup mixed in with the sauce, and then one cup on top. We love it and there is never any left when I take it to gatherings. Best of all is that I can make it in my large electric skillet and carry it where the party is, or make it stovetop and then use a large slow cooker to keep it warm. You just can't go wrong with this."
"Mostaccioli appears to be very similar to penne pasta."
"i want to make this b'cuz looks & sounds so-o good. But what is mostaccioli?????"