Pasta & Sun-Dried Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 can (49 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes plus 2 teaspoons oil from the jar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Optional toppings: crumbled feta cheese and chickpeas
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in orzo; return to a boil. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Drain orzo; transfer to a large bowl. (Discard broth or save for another use.) Stir in the tomatoes, oil from sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper; cool completely.
- 3. Add Parmesan cheese and basil; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without optional toppings): 255 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Pasta & Sun-Dried Tomato Salad
"This is a family favorite!"
"I loved this. I did add feta and garbanzo beans as suggested in the notes. Great combination!"
"Served with blackened fish! Perfect combo!. Added 4oz of feta. Could have used a few more sun-dried tomatoes, if you're a big fan."