Party Vegetable Spread
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Snack rye bread
- In a small bowl, combine the carrot, cucumber, celery, green pepper and onion. Drain on paper towels for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve on bread.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 56 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Feb 4, 2019
This is a great all- around dip. I've made it year-round and for all sorts of occasions. I always get compliments. Thanks for sharing!
Dec 22, 2014
I made this for Christmas Eve, substituting red pepper for the finely chopped onion. Served with rye crackers, sharp cheddar and veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, etc.), it quickly disappeared. Thank you, Taste of Home.
Jul 11, 2011
This is so good on Wheat Thins or with carrot sticks! Perfect snack for Weight Watchers! I love this one!