Party Taco Dip
My pie plate is always scraped clean whenever I make this fast and flavorful dip. For a pretty presentation, garnish with chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives and shredded lettuce. —Gloria Hanefeld, Continental, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Top with sour cream and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 75 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Party Taco Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.