- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. Place shrimp on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forParty Shrimp
"Slowest amount of time I've spent wasting 2 lbs of shrimp. Tastes like I cooked shrimp in spaghetti sauce. Italian seasoning plus basil was overkill for sure."
"Sounds wonderful. I am going to try them on the grill."
"Making these for the 4th time tonight! We, as well as our neighbors, love them. The two pounds always disappear in a hurry. I always double the recipe and add just a touch of Creole spice for an extra kick. So delicious and easy to prepare."
"Delicious! Very easy and tasty! I wouldn't change a thing."
"I made these for an appetizer night and we love them. They were SO easy! Next time I will use fresh basil, as that's just a personal preference. This recipe is worth doubling."
"Very good and easy"
"I made these for myself and being hungry i only marinated for half hour. The Italian seasoning and lemon were perfect with a slight hint of sweet. Yum, will definitely treat myself again"
"I made this yesterday for Christmas and literally within 20 min all 2 pounds of shrimp were gone!! My husband wants it again this week so I'm going to try the other suggestions and put over pasta and add some roasted veggies. BTW I used cooked shrimp and marinated overnight. I took out of fridge an hour before I quick pan fried in sauce to warm. Not rubbery at all and since they were cooked I served toasted bread to dip into the sauce."
"This is delicious and easy. I will definitely make again. And probably double it!"
"Had to adjust amts. to prepare 1- 1/2 lbs shrimp. Maybe I goofed. Marinated for little over an hour, all I could taste was the Italian seasoning. I want to taste shrimp. May try again, cutting waaay back on the seasoning."