Don't want any leftovers from your party? Serve these tempting sausages in a sweet and savory sauce. I've never had even one piece go uneaten. —Jo Ann Renner, Xenia, Ohio
Featured In: Our Best 4th of July Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds smoked sausage links
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Russian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Sliced green onions, optional
- Cut sausages diagonally into 1/2-in. slices; cook in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned. Transfer sausages to a 3-qt. slow cooker; discard drippings.
- Add dressings, brown sugar and juice to skillet; cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over sausages. Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Party Sausages in Country Woman January/February 1997, p10
Reviews forParty Sausages
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2015
"My family loves this appetizer ! So easy to make with great flavors, I have served this at many of our holiday gatherings!"
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2014
"Very good for parties!"
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2009
"These are great! I used the new Hillshire Farm turkey small sausages and they tasted great."