Party Pitas Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 whole pita breads
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound shaved fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Mix first four ingredients. Carefully cut each pita horizontally in half; spread 2 tablespoons mixture onto each cut surface.
- 2. On four pita halves, layer spinach, ham and cheese. Top with remaining pita halves. Cut each sandwich into four wedges; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 16 pieces.
1 piece: 225 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Party Pitas
"I certainly would make this recipe again. However I would make some changes.I felt that the cream cheese spread needs some additional spices. It seemed very bland and slightly over powering. I added chopped scallions and Black Pepper to it and I made it up well in advance so that the flavors could Mature. No taste of the dill weed at all. I think some Beau Monde would be a great addition and that would certainly compliment the Cream Cheese.Love the presentation. Perfect sized appetizers."
"Excellent, and very easy!"
"THIS ALSO IS GREAT WITH sandwich THINS INSTEAD OF PITA, AND A LOT EASIER TO WORK WITH."
"very easy and fast to make. i prepared this recently for 40 people and they loved them."
"I used lettuce as well - and had requests to make them again for an up-coming gathering. Very good!"
"I made a platter of these little party pitas for my auxiliary luncheon snack and all the women came back for seconds and all wanted the recipe. I didn't have any spinach on hand so I substituted lettace leaves. Fast AND easty is my thing. Have a winner here. Thank you Taste of Home. Barb Stephens"