Party Pecan Pies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Press tablespoonfuls of dough onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups to form shells; set aside. Combine filling ingredients in a bowl. Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon into each shell.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is brown and filling is set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 18, 2009
For a dressier presentation, place a whole pecan piece on top of the filling before baking. I agree, it's much less work to use the tart tamper to make the shells, as a previous reviewer stated.
Dec 5, 2008
Re:Party Pecan PiesI fixed this recipe and I thoughtit was great. I rolled to pastry into 2" balls, placed one in each mini muffin cup then I used a tart tamper to press the pastry down.These were a hit at the party I took them to and I plan to make them again for another party.
Nov 17, 2008
This recipe was very fussy and the filling oozed all over, even though I was careful not to over fill the mini muffin cups. I made one batch of the minis and gave up. I then made a regular pie with what was left over and it was tasty.