- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese. Gradually add flour; mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Press tablespoonfuls of dough into the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups to form shells; set aside. Combine filling ingredients in a mixing bowl; mix well. Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon into each shell. Bake at 325* for 25-30 minutes or until crust is brown and filling is set. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
- 48 servings, 1 per serving. Yield: about 4 dozen
Reviews forParty Pecan Pies
"For a dressier presentation, place a whole pecan piece on top of the filling before baking. I agree, it's much less work to use the tart tamper to make the shells, as a previous reviewer stated."
"Re:Party Pecan PiesI fixed this recipe and I thoughtit was great. I rolled to pastry into 2" balls, placed one in each mini muffin cup then I used a tart tamper to press the pastry down.These were a hit at the party I took them to and I plan to make them again for another party."
"This recipe was very fussy and the filling oozed all over, even though I was careful not to over fill the mini muffin cups. I made one batch of the minis and gave up. I then made a regular pie with what was left over and it was tasty."