Party Crab Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 cups
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Seafood seasoning or paprika, optional
- Crackers and/or raw vegetables
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cornstarch and the wine or broth until smooth. Add cream cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45-75 seconds longer or until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Stir in the crab, cream, parsley and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Add cheddar cheese; heat 45-60 seconds longer. Stir until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning if desired. Serve with crackers and vegetables.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 71 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 4, 2008
I needed something in a hurry for an impromptu party, and came on line to Taste of Home Recipe search - decided to try this - what a success! Very tasty!!! Came home with an empty bowl and many requests for it. It will go into my "favorites" that's for sure!