Party Crab Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 cups
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Seafood seasoning or paprika, optional
- Crackers and/or raw vegetables
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cornstarch and the wine or broth until smooth. Add cream cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45-75 seconds longer or until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Stir in the crab, cream, parsley and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Add cheddar cheese; heat 45-60 seconds longer. Stir until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning if desired. Serve with crackers and vegetables.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 71 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 4, 2008
I needed something in a hurry for an impromptu party, and came on line to Taste of Home Recipe search - decided to try this - what a success! Very tasty!!! Came home with an empty bowl and many requests for it. It will go into my "favorites" that's for sure!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.