Party Chicken Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Diced pimientos and additional sliced green onions
- Assorted crackers or snack rye bread
- In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until blended. Stir in the chicken, eggs and green onions.
- Shape into an 8-in. x 2-in. log. Garnish with pimientos and onions. Cover and chill. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers or bread.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 100 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Dec 26, 2017
This recipe is absolutely delicious! I made it for a Christmas party and shaped it into a bell rather than a log. We enjoyed the slightly "unusual" combination of ingredients (including the hard-boiled eggs) and I look forward to making this again!
Jul 8, 2009
do not add egg
Aug 15, 2008
Excellent, but I leave out the eggs. I think they ruin the taste.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.