"Every time I take this eye-catching log to a party, it's gone in no time," relates Charlene Barrows of Reedley, California. This mild spread smooth easily onto any kind of cracker.
Recommended: 50 Party Recipes So Good You Won't Have Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Diced pimientos and additional sliced green onions
- Assorted crackers or snack rye bread
- In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until blended. Stir in the chicken, eggs and green onions.
- Shape into an 8-in. x 2-in. log. Garnish with pimientos and onions. Cover and chill. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers or bread. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Spread in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p61
Reviews forParty Chicken Spread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2009
"do not add egg"
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2008
"Excellent, but I leave out the eggs. I think they ruin the taste."