- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Diced pimientos and additional sliced green onions
- Assorted crackers and snack bread
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in chicken, eggs and green onions. Shape into an 8-in. x 2-in. log. Garnish with pimientos and onions. Cover and chill. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minute before serving. Serve with crackers and snack bread. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forParty Chicken Spread
"This recipe is absolutely delicious! I made it for a Christmas party and shaped it into a bell rather than a log. We enjoyed the slightly "unusual" combination of ingredients (including the hard-boiled eggs) and I look forward to making this again!"
"do not add egg"
"Excellent, but I leave out the eggs. I think they ruin the taste."