Party Cheese Dip
I was served this dip when I was on a visit to Key West. I was able to copy the recipe at home. Now my husband and sons love to eat it for any occasion but especially while watching football games.—Deana Bennett, Farmville, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Tortilla chips
- In an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine corn, beans, tomatoes and cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Carefully uncover; stir. Microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 68 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Party Cheese Dip in Country Woman September/October 2004