- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Minced fresh chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Insert cheese in cuts.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except chives; drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes. Unwrap; bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with chives. Yield: 1 loaf (8 servings).
Reviews forParty Cheese Bread
"My family loves this recipe. My only change - I use Dijonnaise instead of regular Dijon mustard. This maybe gives it a little milder mustard flavor. It's not low cal, but none of my recipes are!!"
"great, easy & very pretty appetizer..I too added bacon over the top..guys loved it ,while watching football."
"It also makes no sense to comment/complain about other ratings, give the recipe one star in order to do so, but give no actual feedback on the recipe. It takes away from the true rating for the recipe.I did make this bread and it was delicious! I added crumbled bacon to the top and served it at a brunch tailgate. I will probably shred the cheese next time to allow better, more even melting."
"Amen Masterpiece. What good does it do to say they haven';t tired it, tasted it, or made it???? Hold REVIEW until AFTER you have actually attempted this or at least tasted it..."
"I don't understand how anyone who hasn't made this as written, can rate it appropriately. I wanted to see reviews from people who actually made this."
"I have not yet made this either, but I think it will be delish and also I just had to give praise to kschintone. THANK YOU! I want to copy your response and post it on all the other recipe sites I visit. I'll rate it 5 stars to offset your 3-star rating :-)"
"Thanksfor speaking up Fuschia2000. This bread is delicious."
"Fuschia2000 you are 100% correct. We often sit around and laugh at the posts that change 80% of the ingredients and then say they didn't like the recipe. That and the folks who find it necessary to inform us that there is too much; fat, sugar, meat, dairy or whatever in the recipe they have not tried. If you have a problem with the ingredients.........do not make the recipe. Oh and shut up! We can all read and we have all been cooking for a while. We understand ingredients, you are NOT the great shining light of culinary correctness. Rant over, thank you. I'm giving a 3 only because I am forced to rate and having not made the bread I want to be as neutral as possible."
"This sounds great--if you live in California! In Waterloo, IA, we unfortunately do not have access to REAL sourdough!"
"Everyone at the party said it was yummy. Very filling."