Party Bean Dip
Bursting with heartiness is this easy-to-fix dip, ideal for all sorts of occasions. "I like to make it during fall when friends come over to watch football games," reports Kelly Hardgrave, who hails from Hartman, Arkansas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla chips
- Puree beans in a food processor; pour into a heavy saucepan. Add the next seven ingredients; cook over low heat until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a serving dish; top with bacon. Serve hot with chips.