Parsnips & Ham au Gratin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Arrange the parsnips, potatoes and ham in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soup, milk, 1/4 cup cheese, thyme and pepper; pour over parsnip mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and remaining cheese. Sprinkle over top.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 296 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1082mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Apr 13, 2011
Dh gives it 2 thumbs up! Me too! The only thing i changed was to use Cream of Mushroom and Onion soup instead of mushroom and garlic. Will definately be making again. Parsnips are my fav. veggie and we have lots. Jan.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.