Parsnips & Ham au Gratin
Parsnips, thyme and roasted-garlic soup give this entree a harvesttime feel, while the bread crumbs on top make it rustic and special. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Arrange the parsnips, potatoes and ham in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soup, milk, 1/4 cup cheese, thyme and pepper; pour over parsnip mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and remaining cheese. Sprinkle over top.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 296 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1082mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Apr 13, 2011
Dh gives it 2 thumbs up! Me too! The only thing i changed was to use Cream of Mushroom and Onion soup instead of mushroom and garlic. Will definately be making again. Parsnips are my fav. veggie and we have lots. Jan.