Parsnip Sweet Potato Pancakes
"Golden brown sweet potatoes make these cakes pretty to look at and even better to eat. The green onions and thyme add an extra boost," shares Amy Short, LeSage, West Virginia.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons VSATEST
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and grated
- 12 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs until blended. Add the sweet potatoes, parsnips and onions; toss to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
Originally published as Parsnip-Potato Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.