Parsley Pasta Sauce
This cream-based sauce is a nice change of pace from more traditional red sauces. Use it as a topping for your favorite noodles or as the sauce in a deliciously different lasagna.—Donna Barleen, Concordia, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked pasta or hot spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels, optional
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Add sour cream and Parmesan cheese; process just until mixed. Serve over pasta or spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 337 calories, 32g fat (10g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Parsley Pasta Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.