Parmesan Zucchini Omelet Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 slices onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 10-in. broiler-proof skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs, water, thyme, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Cook over medium heat; as eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- 2. When eggs are completely set, top with tomato and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and top is lightly browned. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 each: 258 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 355mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Zucchini Omelet
"I thought the flavor of this was outstanding, and loved the combination of the onions, zucchini and tomato."
"Always looking for more ways to use zucchini. I used oregano and basil instead of thyme. This was quick and delicious."