- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- In a bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, sugar and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and onion.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forParmesan Zucchini Bread
"Made this last fall for the first time. Really nice and easy to make, tastes great warm with butter and slices of cheddar cheese on it!"
"My picky husband loves this bread."
"I added 2 cloves of garlic"
"Reminds me of beer bread in texture and taste."