These cheesy bites are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. You can make the logs ahead of time, but slice and bake just before serving.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Recommended: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, flour and cayenne; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork just until moistened. Shape into two 6-in. logs. In a shallow bowl, combine walnuts and parsley. Roll each log in walnut mixture to coat edges.
- Cut each into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to cool wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan-Walnut Rounds in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p23