VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley and Italian seasoning. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and 1 tablespoon butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Pour remaining butter over tops; sprinkle with walnuts and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Walnut Muffins in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p7
Reviews forParmesan Walnut Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2011
"Very flavorful muffin. I would make again."