- 2 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups croutons, optional
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, sugar, basil and salt. Add broccoli, cauliflower, onion, and water chestnuts; toss. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Just before serving, place lettuce in salad bowl and top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Top with croutons if desired. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Vegetable Toss
"My hubby hates veggies yet loves this! Great compromise :)"
"This is a great same day or make ahead salad...MMMMM"
"This is most excellent! I did combine another salad to this because they were so close in taste. I added 2 cups of diced chicken along with sunflower seeds and raisins and a touch of white wine vinegar. It's out of this world. Thanks for this recipe, you've made me very happy. Now I can throw the other recipe away."