Parmesan Sweet Potato Wedges
I roast these sweet potato fries when I want a fun and different side. The crispy Parmesan coating is the best. We like mustard, but they're also great dipped in garlic aioli, barbecue sauce or even ketchup. —Amy Green, Carrollton, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepared mustard, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Peel and cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-in. wedges. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, salt and pepper until foamy. Place Parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl. Dip potatoes in egg white mixture, then in Parmesan cheese, patting to help coating adhere.
- Transfer to two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Roast 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown. If desired, serve with mustard.
Originally published as Parmesan Crusted Sweet Potato Steak Fries in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.