I roast these sweet potato fries when I want a fun and different side. The crispy Parmesan coating is the best. We like mustard, but they're also great dipped in garlic aioli, barbecue sauce or even ketchup. —Amy Green, Carrollton, Texas
Featured In: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepared mustard, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Peel and cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-in. wedges. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, salt and pepper until foamy. Place Parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl. Dip potatoes in egg white mixture, then in Parmesan cheese, patting to help coating adhere.
- Transfer to two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Roast 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown. If desired, serve with mustard. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Sweet Potato Wedges in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p199
Reviews forParmesan Sweet Potato Wedges
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2016
"I used chia seeds and water instead of egg whites; and added shallot pepper."