- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepared mustard, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Peel and cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-in. wedges. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, salt and pepper until foamy. Place Parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl. Dip potatoes in egg white mixture, then in Parmesan cheese, patting to help coating adhere.
- Transfer to two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Roast 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown. If desired, serve with mustard. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Sweet Potato Wedges
"I used chia seeds and water instead of egg whites; and added shallot pepper."