Parmesan Spinach and Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, place onion in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for
- 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cover and cook on high for 2 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until spinach is thawed; stir.
- Add the soup, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, milk and seasonings; mix well. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Drain noodles; add to spinach mixture and stir to coat.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 286 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Oct 23, 2009
I already wrote a review but never did rate it. I make this often (this weekend again). :)
Jan 7, 2009
What an awesome recipe! I was looking for something new to use up spinach and found this, and I am SO glad I did. It's really great... thanks for posting it!