Parmesan Seasoned Breading Recipe
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 cup Malt-O-Meal hot wheat cereal
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 cups.
Editor's Note: Use in place of seasoned bread crumbs call for in recipes for chicken, fish or pork chops.
2 tablespoons: 54 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.