Unlike most other scones, these are nice and moist...thanks to heavy whipping cream! You can even stir in some basil or oregano if you like.—Jolie Stinson, Lebanon, Oregon
Recommended: 20 Wedding Shower Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder and salt. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in onion mixture.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into a 6-in. circle. Cut each circle into six wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Scones in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p53