Parmesan Salmon Fillets
Our home economists top pan-fried salmon with a salsa-like compote for a colorful summer entree. If you can't find lovage leaves, use celery leaves instead.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Cook: 20 min.
- TOMATO LOVAGE COMPOTE:
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup minced lovage or celery leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, gently toss the compote ingredients. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Dip in milk mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the salmon in oil over medium-high heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Serve with compote.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 496 calories, 35g fat (7g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.