Parmesan Sage Scones Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-3/4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream, divided
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, Parmesan cheese, minced sage and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup cream. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times. Transfer dough to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate.
- 2. Brush remaining cream over dough. Press a sage leave onto the top of each wedge. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or edges are until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 each: 172 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Parmesan Sage Scones
"just what does sage look like? I grew up in colorado and there is lots of sage around but never was it used by any one to cook with."