Parmesan Sage Scones
Our home economists dressed up the tops of these savory scones with fresh sage leaves. Prepared with only a handful of ingredients, the delectable wedges are ideal alongside soup, pasta or slices of oven-roasted turkey.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-3/4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream, divided
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, minced sage and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup cream. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Brush remaining cream over dough. Press a sage leave onto the top of each wedge.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or edges are until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 172 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.