Parmesan Sage Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sage and lemon peel. Place egg in shallow bowl. Coat pork chops with flour mixture, dip in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a skillet, brown chops in oil and butter for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 401 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 875mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Sage Pork Chops
"This is delicious! Everyone loves it! Definitely a keeper."