- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sage and lemon zest. Place egg in shallow bowl. Coat pork chops with flour mixture, dip in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, brown chops in oil and butter for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Nov 26, 2015
This is delicious! Everyone loves it! Definitely a keeper.
- Dec 21, 2012
No comment left
- Jan 11, 2011
I came across this recipe a year ago and have made it many times. My boys love it and I double the recipe to feed my family. I also substitute dried italian bread crumbs for the soft bread crumbs.