I'm asked to bring this savory loaf to nearly every function I attend. It's great as a side dish, but if you're in the mood for an extraordinary sandwich, start with two slices of beer bread. —Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
Recommended: 60 Extra-Cozy Potluck Recipes for Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups beer
- 1/4 cup melted butter, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Add beer and 3 tablespoons melted butter; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Parmesan-Sage Beer Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p37