VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Romano cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, oregano, tarragon and thyme
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add bouillon and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes; discard bay leaves. Mash potatoes with cream and butter. Stir in the cheeses, garlic and seasonings. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Parmesan-Romano Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p107