This salad is simple, but it's big on flavor. The shaved Parmesan adds intense cheese flavor, and the nicely balanced dressing lets the other flavors shine. If you're pressed for time, it's good with bottled dressing, too.
Recommended: 40 Lettuce Recipes You Can Get Excited About
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups onion and garlic salad croutons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 block (4 ounces) Parmesan cheese
- In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes and croutons.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave Parmesan cheese into thin curls; sprinkle over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Romaine Salad in Country Extra March 2008, p49