My family just can't seem to get enough of these fun, cheesy rolls. They have a delightful texture from the cornmeal and are a great switch from traditional dinner rolls. I like to serve them with spaghetti, lasagna and stew. -Marietta Slater, Augusta, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, Parmesan cheese, butter, sugar, salt, cornmeal and eggs; mix well. Add 3 cups of flour and beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Shape into 24 ovals; dip each into melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 176 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.