Parmesan Potato Sticks
Coming up with new side dishes are fun and this is the result of one of my experiments. I love the Parmesan cheese added to these potatoes.—Lee Herrman, Bismarck, North Dakota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Scrub and peel potatoes; cut lengthwise into quarters. Cut each quarter into 3 strips. Roll in melted butter, then roll in combined remaining ingredients.
- Place potato sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle melted butter over potatoes. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 320 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Parmesan Potato Sticks in Country Woman September/October 1990