Parmesan Potato Sticks
Coming up with new side dishes are fun and this is the result of one of my experiments. I love the Parmesan cheese added to these potatoes.—Lee Herrman, Bismarck, North Dakota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Scrub and peel potatoes; cut lengthwise into quarters. Cut each quarter into 3 strips. Roll in melted butter, then roll in combined remaining ingredients.
- Place potato sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle melted butter over potatoes. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 320 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Potato Sticks in Country Woman September/October 1990
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.