Coming up with new side dishes are fun and this is the result of one of my experiments. I love the Parmesan cheese added to these potatoes.—Lee Herrman, Bismarck, North Dakota
Recommended: 50 Easy Cheese Appetizers for a Crowd
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Scrub and peel potatoes; cut lengthwise into quarters. Cut each quarter into 3 strips. Roll in melted butter, then roll in combined remaining ingredients.
- Place potato sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle melted butter over potatoes. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Potato Sticks in Country Woman September/October 1990, p35
Reviews forParmesan Potato Sticks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2009
"These were fabulous. I used panko instead bread crumbs because we really like it crispy. YUM!"