Parmesan Pork Sandwiches
These saucy sandwiches are a nice change of pace from the traditional chicken variety. Plus, they're quick to fix.—Mary Kirkland, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 ounces boneless pork loin chops (1/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons oil. Add the tomato puree. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the egg and water. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops on both sides in remaining oil.
- Spread half of the tomato mixture in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with pork chops; drizzle with remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°:. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 620 calories, 30g fat (9g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Pork Sandwiches in Country Woman July/August 2002