VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- In a saucepan, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons oil. Add the tomato puree. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the egg and water in a shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops on both sides in remaining oil.
- Spread half of the tomato mixture in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with pork chops; drizzle with remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Pork Sandwiches in Country Woman July/August 2002, p35