My pork chops needed a change, and I stumbled across this pan-fry method. With a few small changes, we transformed them into a yummy spinach salad. —Laurel Dalzell, Manteca, California
Featured In: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 thin boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, oil, lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, mustard, oregano and the remaining salt and pepper until blended. In another shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs with cheese. Dip pork chops in egg white mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and pork is tender.
- Add spinach to tomato mixture; toss to combine. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Pork Chops with Spinach Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2015, p31
Reviews forParmesan Pork Chops with Spinach Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2016
"A1 The best taste of pork chops ever <3"
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2015
"My pork chops were thick, but I just covered the pan for a couple of minutes while cooking and they were perfect. We really enjoyed the flavor."
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2015
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2015
"Very tasty! will make again."