Parmesan Pasta and Corn
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces small pasta shells
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Drain the pasta. Add the pasta, corn, salt and pepper to the skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 185 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 26, 2019
I made this pasta as a side for our dinner last night. I used elbow macaroni instead of shells (and I used 12 ounces instead of 8 ounces) so I increased the amount of butter to 1/2 cup and corn to 4 cups. I also added some frozen peas for color. The flavors were wonderful but I found it to be slightly "dry", even with all the butter. Next time I make it I want to add a can of cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup ...... all in all, this recipe is a keeper.