Parmesan Pasta and Corn
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces small pasta shells
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Drain the pasta. Add the pasta, corn, salt and pepper to the skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 185 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2019
I made this pasta as a side for our dinner last night. I used elbow macaroni instead of shells (and I used 12 ounces instead of 8 ounces) so I increased the amount of butter to 1/2 cup and corn to 4 cups. I also added some frozen peas for color. The flavors were wonderful but I found it to be slightly "dry", even with all the butter. Next time I make it I want to add a can of cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup ...... all in all, this recipe is a keeper.