Parmesan Pasta and Corn
This side dish is simple to make and can be easily doubled for a large group. I especially like it with fresh corn. Frank Hilliard, East Liverpool, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces small pasta shells
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Drain the pasta. Add the pasta, corn, salt and pepper to the skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 185 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Pasta and Corn in Country Extra July 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.