This easy-to-make side dish goes well with steak or chicken. --Stephanie Marchese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, flour, salt and pepper; stir into mushrooms. Cook just until bubbly, stirring frequently.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 152 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Mushrooms in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook