This easy-to-make side dish goes well with steak or chicken. --Stephanie Marchese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, flour, salt and pepper; stir into mushrooms. Cook just until bubbly, stirring frequently.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 152 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Mushrooms in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.