- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Herbed Noodles
"I'm not sure if I did something wrong or not (I double and triple checked the ingredients!), but oh my goodness it was soooo oily! The butter AND the oil was just way too much! I wound up adding in some grated parmesan and additional shredded cheese to absorb some of the oil and that helped a bit. Next time I'm going to cut both the oil and butter in half for the same amount of pasta. The herbs and salt seemed to be at a good amount. The shredded cheese I used was swiss. Despite the large amount of grease, we both agreed that it was yummy. With the change in grease, this should become a 5-star recipe."
"Very tasty. Added 1/2 small onion diced, 1/2 small zucchini, diced and 1/4 cup of peas. Saut?ed all with garlic, added spices and 1/4 cup of whipping cream. I added cooked rotini noodles and the Parmesan, and mixed. Hubby and mom in law loved it and they are not pasta enthusiasts. Thank you, it's saved."
"Used dried herbs and doubled recipe for side dish for 4. Absolutely tasty."
"Great quick side dish, and tasted excellent with fresh herbs!"