In Burkeville, Texas, Shirley Sibit Rudder dresses up frozen bread dough with herbs and Parmesan cheese to create two savory home-baked loaves. Let them rise while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Bread Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Place dough in two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Thaw according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, dill and salt. Brush dough with butter; sprinkle with cheese mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 2-1/2 hours. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Parmesan Herb Loaves in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p20